Saturday, September 19, 2015

First Week Of School & Other Things



Well, Sean and I officially completed our first week of school at BYU-I. Sean loves his classes, and is excited. I had a rough start, because after the second day, my adviser changed 3 of my classes. So the 3 classes I prepared for and bought no returnable books for was totally pointless. Nevertheless, I will be excited to graduate sooner. BYU-I is a VERY different school.

First of all, everyone is extremely chipper. I sit down at a table in class, and everyone instantly wants to know my name. That's cool, I like friends! By the end of the week I couldn't go down the hall without anyone using my name and saying hello. Its a friendly atmosphere.


Prayers and songs before class. Coming from an fairly liberal college this is a big difference. Every class starts off with at least a prayer. Other teachers decided to have a hymn, a thought, and scripture too. Everything we learn about in classes is brought back to how it applies spiritually. Its pretty neat! For example I am in a class that is teaching us how to teach math to children who don't know how.  We are reminded of the importance of becoming like a child, how we are on earth to learn and grow. I feel spiritually fed every day. My religion class is hard core, and the teacher scares me, but you know... its okay I guess. Haha.

Wednesday a wonderful couple from TN stopped by on their road trip! Frank and Dolly Davis are some of my favorite people! I was so happy to see them, and also to be around Valerie ( my trainer from the mission). She is basically the best person I know. Blythe, another friend showed up at the same place too! It was like a gathering of people that are awesome!

Also, teachers require so much more of their students here. I know that its for our benefit, but it is really overwhelming. I am taking 17 of my upper level credits this semester, and my plate is full. However the Lord has blessed us greatly, and I know that I won't be alone.

Sean works after school, so we don't really see each other. I am grateful for the moments I do have with him! He is really good at surprising me by waiting outside my classes door, and walking me to my next class. He is just kinda really great! I hope to get a handle on my schedule and feel less anxious as time goes on. Our apartment exploded, and we really need to unpack! SO I should probably publish this, and get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment